Calling all Indy pets
Do you have what it takes?
Does your furry, scaly or feathered pet have talent? If so, we want to see! There’s no doubt that being in quarantine has allowed us to practice and perfect our craft of choice while at home, and now is your chance to show off your talent- all while raising funds and awareness for the animals at the Humane Society for Hamilton County!
One special winner will receive a brand new Monkey Tower playset, courtesy of our friends and sponsors at Recreation Unlimited! We are seeking talents in all ranges, skillsets, shapes, sizes and form. So, grab the whole family and submit your video. You simply cannot lose when you are saving the lives of cats and dogs!
The Humane Society for Hamilton County remains one of the few only open admission, truly no-kill shelters in the country – even during the current pandemic. We care for thousands of homeless animals each year and need your help to continue to do so. With recent decreases in funding, we are asking you to help cover the cost of daily care for those who depend on us most. By raising a minimum of $250, you will help fund the cost of care for one animal for two weeks. Impact the lives of homeless animals by submitting your talent video by May 8.
Some of Our Favorites
Choose a Pet Theme
Whether you have a talented pet that can do tricks, has impressive dance moves choreographed to Who Let the Dogs Out or specializes in creating beautiful poetry or paintings, HSHC is looking for you and your family to showcase your talents to support the cats and dogs who rely on us! There are endless talents that are ready to be seen.
Submit a Video
Submit an interactive, shareable video totaling 60 seconds or less via a Facebook fundraiser.
Show Off Your Spirit, Flare and Pizazz
There are no creative limits – use props, signs, and costumes to engage your audience!
Tell Us Why You Love HSHC
Include at least one reason why you love HSHC. Are you an adopter, foster or volunteer, or are you simply an animal lover? We want to hear!
Share Your Video With Friends and Family
Share your video via your Facebook fundraiser with friends and family on social media. Don’t forget to use #IndysPetsGotTalent!
Do you have a comedian in the family? Tell your best jokes. Extra points
if they are animal themed – we could all use a good laugh!
Is your pet an athlete? Whether they are a football, baseball or track and field star, get the whole family outside or catch the action on camera indoors!
Act it Out
Put on a short play or puppet show with your pet being the main character.
Get Zen and show off your best yoga poses with your pets!
Roll out a long sheet of paper or poster board, and let your pet walk in paint. Have everyone from the family add their artistic touch to the masterpiece.
Perform magic tricks that will stun the audience - your pet will make the perfect side-kick!
Is your pet a foodie? Have your pet be the judge of who is top chef in your family! Bake pet friendly treats or make pupsicles.
Can your pet “juggle" or jump through a “ring of fire?" We bet you have a “lion” tamer in the family!
Bust a Move & Cut A Rug
Choreograph a dance routine with your pet or just have fun and freestyle like no one’s watching! Extra points for animal themed songs!
Sing Your Heart Out
Does your pet have pipes? Sing a duet and be sure to include the entire family with their instrument of choice.
One of a Kind
Does your dog have a silly quirk that is unique to them that your family just adores? Catch them in the act and share what makes them so special!
Visit Our Page
Visit the Humane Society for Hamilton County’s Facebook page, @HamiltonHumane.
Create a Fundraiser
Choose “Fundraisers” from the menu and click “+Raise Money”.
Select a Goal
Choose your fundraising goal. You must raise a minimum of $250 to be eligible for the grand prize from Recreation Unlimited!
Set an End Date
Set your fundraising end date for May 8, 2020.
Share Your Fundraising Details
Use “[Your Pet’s Name] Has Talent” for your title and share why you are raising money in the fundraiser description.
Set a Cover Photo
Set your fundraiser’s cover photo by uploading an image of your pet or selecting the “Indy’s Pets’ Got Talent” image.
Upload Your Video
Post your video to your Facebook fundraiser.
Share, Share, Share!
Share your fundraiser with your family and friend, and ask them to donate! Make sure your fundraiser is set to “Public.”
Rules & Eligibility
- -NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- -The “Indy’s Pets’ Have Talent” promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Recreation Unlimited.
- -The Contest is open to legal residents of the Indianapolis and metropolitan areas.
- -The Contest entry period begins on 8:30am ET on April 22, 2020 and ends at 5:00pm ET on May 8, 2020.
- -Participants must use Facebook as their fundraising platform with all eligible donations made via that platform.
- -The participant’s fundraiser must be made public.
- -Any inappropriate videos will be pulled down and/or blocked from contest.
- -No personal information will be used or shared without written consent from the participant.
- -Family pet must be included in video in some capacity.
- -100% of net proceeds raised by the contest will benefit the Humane Society for Hamilton County’s life saving efforts.
PRIZE INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
- -The grand prize winner will be the participant with the highest fundraising total on their Facebook fundraiser as of 5:00pm ET on May 8, 2020, with a minimum of $250 raised via their Facebook fundraiser to be eligible for a prize.
- -The grand prize winner will receive a Monkey Tower Playset valued at $2,690 (including installation) courtesy of Recreation Unlimited.
- -One (1) second place fundraiser and one (1) third place fundraiser will each receive a Humane Society for Hamilton County prize pack valued at $50.
- -In the event of a fundraising tie, HSHC management will facilitate a drawing to determine the grand prize winner and/or 2nd/3rd place winners.
- –All winners will be notified no later than 5pm on May 9, 2020.