Humane Society For Hamilton County
Adoptable Barn Cats
How To Help
How to Help
Love & Let Live Monthly Giving
Corporate Giving Campaigns
Become a Corporate Sponsor
Estate, Stock & Other Planned Gifts
Plaques, Bricks & Gifts in Memory/Honor
Shop & Give
Download Wish List
Volunteer Portal Login
Pets Healing Vets
Pit Bull Education
Community Cat Program
Wine, Wags & Whiskers
Furry Fracas Pickleball Tournament
Tinsel & Tails Holiday Petacular
Tots & Paws
HSHC Services & Other Resources
Community Cats Program
Pet Cremation Services
Lost & Found
Surrendering a Pet
Dog Training & Behavior
Cat Training & Behavior
Animal Ordinances & FAQ’s
Our Philosophy & Mission
New Facility & Naming Opportunities
Volunteer Liability Release & Agreement
In consideration of the HUMANE SOCIETY FOR HAMILTON COUNTY’s (HSHC) delegation of volunteer assignments/services, I do hereby release, discharge, and forgive HSHC, its Board of Directors, HSHC Employees, HSHC Volunteers, HSHC Shelter Partners, Sponsors, and the City of Fishers from and against any liability, claims, injuries to person, death or damages that may be sustained or caused in the course of my duties as a volunteer for HSHC - including the transportation of animals. This includes, but is not limited to, injuries sustained as a result of animal bites, scratches, diseases contracted from animals, injuries sustained due to falls or any other non-animal related, personal injuries and/or injuries caused while handling animals at the shelter or an off-site location.
In addition to the aforementioned risks, I agree that HSHC will not be held responsible for any damage that may occur as a result of crates, carriers, or other equipment used when transporting animals in my personal vehicle. I understand that all HSHC representatives shall make every reasonable effort to load volunteer vehicles exercising prudent care. As such, I understand and accept all financial responsibility and/or liability that may result while transporting an HSHC animal/shelter animal in a personal vehicle including damage resulting from the animal(s), carriers/cages/equipment, and/or a vehicular collision of any kind, for any reason. I do hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless all the above-named parties from and against any and all such liability.
Furthermore, as a volunteer I confirm by signing below that:
● If I choose to transport animals, I have, and will maintain, a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance while performing this volunteer task.
● I have disclosed to HSHC Management any personal restrictions, such as, but not limited to: a limit on how much weight I can lift, allergies to animals, pregnancy, immune-compromised health, and any other pertinent health issues that may put one’s health at risk due to the possible exposure of zoonotic diseases.
● I will immediately report any accidents or injuries to HSHC Management and follow all processes/procedures set forth by HSHC as it pertains to volunteering and animal transport.
● I will follow HSHC’s standards of conduct, dress, attendance, and communication with patrons, volunteers, staff, board members, donors and sponsors while representing HSHC in a volunteer capacity.
● I will observe the safety rules of HSHC and will follow all policies/procedures as set forth by HSHC Management.
I understand that my inability to adhere to rules/procedures, regulations, and guidelines may result in my immediate termination as a volunteer at HSHC.
I hereby acknowledge that this document has been signed for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, and further, this document shall be binding upon the undersigned and his/her successors, assigns and personal representatives.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Date of Birth
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Parent/Guardian Signature (if under 18 years of age)