Saturday, March 31
Parade-a-Bull is our annual celebration of all things “bully breed,” especially the American Pit Bull Terrier. The month of March is dedicated to educating the community about the American Pit Bull Terrier–their past, their present and why we must advocate for this misunderstood and maligned breed to ensure their future.
We encourage all pet lovers, Pit Bull “Angels” and your DOG-FRIENDLY dogs to join us on Saturday, March 31, at HSHC’s future facility site located in Fishers at the corner of 106th & Hague Rd. across from Ritchey Woods. This will be the first opportunity for the public to see the location where we will be building a state-of-the-art facility.
New this Year
Now that we have ample indoor and outdoor space with both featuring a stage, we’ll be holding our inaugural Best-in-Show Competition…rescue dog style!
How it Works
- 1) Pet owners of any rescued dog, of any breed/mix may submit a video/photo between March 1-March 20 to compete in one of the 10 Best in Categories.
- 2) You may enter more than one pet into the Best-in-Show Competition, however, your pet may only be entered into one category.
- 3) Entry fee is $5 per pet with all proceeds benefiting the animals in our care.
- 4) The public will vote online for their favorite entry in each category between March 21-25 via our Parade-a-Bull Event Page on Facebook.
- 5) Best-in-Category winners will be announced on Facebook and our website on March 26th.
- 6) Each Best-in-Category winner will then compete live at Parade-a-Bull on Saturday, March 31st, parading their stuff across the stage for our celebrity judges with the chance to win the grand prize and title of Parade-a-Bull 2018 ~ Best-in-Show!*
You may enter more than one rescued pet into the Best-in-Show Competition; however, your pet may only be entered into one category. You can submit either a photo or video to share your rescue’s remarkable skills. Entry fee is $5.00 per pet and entries must be received by March 20th at 12AM EST. REGISTER NOW!
- Best-in-Wiggle Butt
- Best-in-Gray Muzzle
- Best-in-“Inner Beauty”
- Best-in-Special Needs
Best-in-Category Winners will receive:
- *$50 gift card to Three Dog Bakery and bragging rights trophy.
- *Best-in-Category Winners’ photo/video submissions will be featured on our Facebook page and Parade-a-Bull event page
Best-in-Show Winner will receive:
- *$100 Gift Card for PetSmart
- *$50 Gift Card for Three Dog Bakery
- *Gift Basket Valued at $200 compliments of Wilbur Ties
- *The Best-in-Show Trophy of 2018
- *Best-in-Show Winner’s photo/video submissions will be featured on our Facebook page, Parade-a-Bull event page and our April e-Newsletter
Best-in-Show Honorable Mention–HSHC Alum:
- *$50 Gift Card for Three Dog Bakery
- *Gift Basket Valued at $100 compliments of Wilbur Ties
- *The Best-in-Show HSHC Alum Trophy of 2018
- *Best-in-Show HSHC Alum Winner’s photo/video submissions will be featured on our Facebook page and Parade-a-Bull event page
What is Parade-a-Bull
Parade-a-Bull is our annual celebration of the American Pit Bull Terrier and all his “bully breed” brothers and sisters. The event features merchandise and service vendors, pet photos, food, pet microchipping and our first annual Best-in-Show Competition.
Bring the entire family and your well-behaved, dog-friendly dog(s) of all breeds with you in support of “America’s Dog.” Download the event waiver HERE to expedite registration.
The first 50 pets arriving for microchips will receive theirs for FREE compliments of our Presenting Sponsor, Shrout Family Chiropractic.* Free microchips are limited to two per family. Discounted microchipping will be available at $20/pet after the first 50.
Vendor & Sponsor Opportunities
Sponsorship and vendor booths are available but space is limited.
This year’s parade will be across the stage as our Best-in-Category winners strut their stuff for the grand prize & title of Parade-a-Bull 2018 ~Best-in-Show!
- Photo/Video Submissions for Best-in-Category: March 1-20
- Best-in-Category Online Voting: March 21-25
- Best-in-Category Winners Announced: March 26
- Best-in-Show Competition at Parade-a-Bull: March 31 at 12PM