ALL HANDS ON DECK
Urgent Adoption & Foster Placement Event
Wednesday, May 17 – 12PM to 7PM
For the very first time, HSHC will be open on a Wednesday due to our current capacity crisis. On Wednesday, May 17, the shelter will be open from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m., with HSHC’s entire staff of 58 employees on hand to facilitate as many DOG adoptions and foster placements as possible. Adoption fees for all eligible dogs are up to you. We ask that you make a minimum donation of $1.00, but we hope you’ll give what you truly can. Please note that cat/kitten adoption fees will not be discounted.
Foster commitments must be a minimum of one week to provide a dog a stress break and open up space in our kennels. There is no cost for you to foster an animal, and HSHC will provide anything you need.
Here’s what you need to know.
- Please fill out the adoption or foster application in advance, if possible, via the button(s) below.
- If you have a dog(s), we require that they meet any dog you would like to adopt or foster. If travel time is a concern, feel free to bring your dog(s) with you and we will accommodate you.
- Please come with the entire family so everyone can meet. Exceptions, depending on the dog, would be adult children who are away at college or no longer live at home.
- If you rent or lease, please bring your pet policy to expedite the process.
- Most importantly, please come. Just walk through and see if there is a dog that speaks to your heart.
Questions About Fostering
What supplies does HSHC provide?
We provide all the supplies necessary to care for your foster pet (food, medication, and basic supplies).
What resources does HSHC provide for urgent situations?
We provide you with 24/7 access to medical and behavioral support in case an emergency arises, as well as access to our foster department during normal business hours.
Does the whole family and all dogs need to be at the event?
HSHC requires foster families to bring everyone in the home as well as any dogs in the home to meet with a potential foster dog.
What happens if there are pet restrictions at the foster family’s home?
Those renting properties are recommended to bring the landlord’s pet policy as we do verify pet policies with your apartment complex or landlord.